Monday, October 24, 2011

What exactly a "tortilla" anyway...?

The essay Tortillas by Jose' Antonio Burciaga is a very interesting essay. I love how the author states that his "family claims" that he "owes" his career as an artist" due to his early experiments with tortillas." I chuckled out loud when I read that he used to wear tortillas as a yarmulke and that he never had any great urge to convert from Catholicism to Judaism. Jose' states very historical facts about the Mexican traditional tortillas. 
I laugh because I feel as though he is sarcastic in some of his statements because of the "shrine" of Jesus Christ in the tortilla. I enjoyed reading about the traditional tortilla.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you think he uses sarcasm? Is it intentional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ariana it's colleen from class could you please get me my book before class on Monday? There is a reading we need to do. Thanks

    ReplyDelete