Sunday, November 20, 2011

J. Edgar Leonardo DiCaprio,Directed by Clint Eastwood

I have yet to see the film J. Edgar staring Leonardo DiCaprio and I am not too sure I would want to. According to the Rolling Stone review posted on November 10, 2011 states, "The result is a movie exhilarated by biting off more than it can chew, a great boon especially when the pacing goes from rushed to dramatically inert." I have a hard time following films that are rushed. 
I would on the other hand give the film a chance only because of the extreme talent that is listed in the credits. Clint Eastwood is by far one of the best Directors of all time. Leonardo DiCaprio is also by far one of the most talented actors of all time. I couldn't accept anything other then perfection from the two best film creators and actors. I would like to think that the 1.5 stars from the community was off by 2.5 points. 

1 comment:

  1. yes I agree, i havnt seen this movie yet either but like you said it bites off more than it can chew. I think that it's not so much rushed but more like made up according to what the writer and director believe happened in Edgars life. On the other hand leonardo dicapprio is a good actor so it cant be all bad lol.

    ReplyDelete